This page is somewhat inspired by Wes Bos’ Uses page. Keep in mind that I’m mostly doing Frontend development and I’m also a nomadic worker. In other words, I’m 100% remote and I travel. A lot.
- MacBook Pro (13-inch)
- No extra screen. I’ve found myself more focus with only one screen
- Roost Laptop Stand (note: I don’t use it when I work from a coffee shop!).
- Magic keyboard 2 and the Magic trackpad 2
- Notepad where I write my daily MIT
- OnePlus Nord (and a old Huawei as a back up)
- Sony MDR 1000X. A noise cancelling headphone with 2 modes: wired or wiredless (bluetooth). I also have some Airpods.
- Travel&daily bag is a Minaal Carry-on 2.0 (with packing cubes). I love it!
As a digital nomad, I don’t have space for a desk on my backpack! ;)
- VS Code is my favourite text editor so far.
- The theme I use is Material Theme which I customised.
- Full list of plugins that I Can’t Live Without.
All of my config files (VS Code settings, bash aliases, git config…) are accessible on my dotfiles GitHub repository.
My main browser is Brave. I also use the following plugins:
- uBlock Origin
- Pocket (Save to Pocket)
- Devtool extensions: Vue.js and React
- Accessibility Insights and axe for Accessibility audits
I used to have Wappalyzer… but I’ve found this extension quite curious so, I removed it!
I mostly use my terminal in VSCode. Otherwise, I use iTerm (not a big fan!). My terminal theme is af-magic.
This is the list of plugins/apps I use:
- Zsh with Oh My Zsh. Oh My Zsh is a framework for managing zsh configuration.
- Lighthouse (CLI) - Auditing, performance metrics, and best practices for Progressive Web Apps.
- Hub - a wrapper for Git command (Git+Hub=GitHub)
- vtop - an alternative to activity monitor.
- Tree - to generate a tree (like the Tree Windows command).
- n - a super handy tool for node version management.
I also use Vim from time to time.
I have a very minimalistic approach when it comes to my dock. If I don’t use an app -at least- once a day, I remove it from the dock.
I also use these applications:
- ProtonVPN is my VPN and I happily pay for it!
- Giphy Capture is my go-to screen recording when I need to share something with my colleagues. I found it simple to use.
- OBS - screen recording but for a longer video. I don’t use it much…
- Sequel Pro - when I need a GUI for MySQL.
- Transmission - for torrents ;)
This site made with Gatsby.js and gatsby-starter-morning-dew. I use these applications to help me write:
- Grammarly - Helps me to remove typos / proofread my posts
- Google Docs - Helps me to remove typos / proofread my posts
- Hemingway - “Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear”
- Squoosh - Image compression
- Remove.bg - Remove background on png
- Keynote (by Apple) - To draw schemas
- I play mostly Age Of Empire 2 DE on my MacBook (I’ve a Windows dual boot)
- For other games, I rely on Cloud Gaming platforms such as GeForce Now, Stadia and XCloud
- Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is my controller. A bit pricey, but very comfortable.
- G403 HERO Mouse as a gaming mouse (I use the Magic trackpad 2 for non-gaming stuffs)
- PowerA Moga for mobile gaming clip