This page is somewhat inspired by Wes Bos’ Uses page. Keep in mind that I’m mostly doing Frontend development and I’m also a nomadic worker. In other words, I’m 100% remote and I travel. A lot.
- MacBook Pro (13-inch)
- No extra screen. I’ve found myself more focus with only one screen
- Roost Laptop Stand (note: I don’t use it when I work from a coffee shop!).
- Magic keyboard 2 and the Magic trackpad 2
- Notepad where I write my daily MIT
As a digital nomad, I don’t have space for a desk on my backpack! ;)
- VS Code is my favourite text editor so far.
- The theme I use is Material Theme which I customised.
- Full list of plugins that I Can’t Live Without.
All of my config files (VS Code settings, bash aliases, git config…) are accessible on my dotfiles GitHub repository.
My main browser is Brave. I also use the following plugins:
I used to have Wappalyzer… but I’ve found this extension quite curious so I removed it!
I mostly use my terminal in VSCode. Otherwise, I use iTerm (not a big fan!). My terminal theme is af-magic.
This is the list of plugins/apps I use:
- Zsh with Oh My Zsh. Oh My Zsh is a framework for managing zsh configuration.
- Lighthouse (CLI) - Auditing, performance metrics, and best practices for Progressive Web Apps.
- Hub - a wrapper for Git command (Git+Hub=GitHub)
- vtop - an alternative to activity monitor.
- Tree - to generate a tree (like the Tree Windows command).
- n - a super handy tool for node version management.
I also use Vim from time to time.
I have a very minimalistic approach when it comes to my dock. If I don’t use an app -at least- once a day, I remove it from the dock.
I also use these applications:
- ProtonVPN is my VPN and I happily pay for it!
- Giphy Capture is my go-to screen recording when I need to share something with my colleagues. I found it simple to use.
- OBS - screen recording but for a longer video. I don’t use it much…
- Sequel Pro - when I need a GUI for MySQL.
This site made with Gatsby.js and gatsby-starter-morning-dew. I use these applications to help me write:
- Grammarly - Helps me to remove typos / proofread my posts.
- Hemingway - “Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear.”
- Squoosh - Image compression
- Remove.bg - Remove background on png
Having a good backpack is essential when you travel the most of your time. I use the Minaal Carry-on 2.0 (with packing cubes). I love it!