Hey, I’m Maxence Poutord, passionate software engineer, speaker, blogger and mentor. I started coding in my early age, at 11 with the QBasic language. And, +20 years later, I’m still coding!
After 2 years as an expat in Dublin, I became a digital nomad. I started working and living where the WiFi and the sun are (mostly in Southeast Asia). I’m now settled in Paris and I still work remotely.
What I do for a living
I am currently a Senior Software Engineer at Orderfox where I am building software for the CNC industry. I’m focusing on:
- 🏗 Architecture/Infrastructure of a React application (working with TS and GraphQL);
- 🚦 Testing (mostly with Jest, Cypress and Testing Library);
- 👨🦯 Accessibility (a11y)
- 🏎 Performances.
What I do for fun
- ✈️ Travel. Often.
- 👨🍳 Cook. I love to cook food from all over the world. From Italian Pizza to Indian dal.
- 🍺 Appreciate a Gin or a pint of beer (IPA/NEIPA).
- 🕹 Play video games. Mostly Age of Empires 2, a 20 y.o. game!
- 📘 Learn new things. As a lifelong learner, I can’t imagine one day without learning something new!
- 🗣 Tech trainer and public speaker.
- 👨🏼💻 Play with code. Sometimes, it ends up in an open source contribution or a blog post!
Why this blog?
I started this blog in 2014 because I wanted to keep track of my experiements. At the begining, it was all private. I learnt a lot on the internets so, I realised I had to give something back to the community. That’s why, I decided to make it public in order to share my knowledge to the world.
My site has no ads, sponsored content or bullshit. It is my blog, my content and my ideas.
If you enjoyed it, please let me know :)
You can also follow me on Twitter (@_maxpou)
Do you have a question regarding one of my projects? a blog post? …or something else?
Don’t be shy. Let’s talk. I do my best to be as accessible as possible.
Here’s how you can contact me:
- The best way is to tweet me at @_maxpou;
- If you’re patient, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Connect with me on LinkedIn.