Hey, I’m Maxence Poutord, passionate software engineer, speaker, blogger and mentor. I started coding in my early age, at 11 with the QBasic language. 19 years later, I’m still coding (I just hope my code is better 😃).
After 2 years as an expat in Dublin, I became a digital nomad. I now live where the WiFi and the sun is 😎
I am currently a Senior Software Engineer at VSware where I am building software for education. I’m focusing on:
- 🏗 Architecture. Scaling application, organising workflows.
- 🧙♂️ Simplifying complex process and make my co-worker’s life easier.
- 🚦 Testing. Defining strategies to effectively test a web app.
- 💎 Code quality. I ❤️ crafting code.
- 🏎 Performances. Because users want something fast!
- 🗣 Tech trainer and public speaker.
- ✈️ Travel. Often. 9 countries and 14 cities for 2018.
- 👨🍳 Cook. “I make the best pizza you ever tasted.” -Me
- 🍺 Appreciate a Gin or a pint of beer (IPA or Belgian triples).
- 📘 Learn new things. As a lifelong learner, I can’t imagine one day without learning something new!
- 👨🏼💻 Play with code. Sometimes, it ends up in an open source contribution or a blog post!
I started this blog in 2014 because I wanted to keep track of my experiements. At the begining, it was all private. I learnt a lot on the internets so, I realised I had to give something back to the community. That’s why, I decided to make it public in order to share my knowledge to the world.
My site has no ads, sponsored content or bullshit. It is my blog, my ideas.
If you enjoyed my content, please let me know :) You can also follow me on Twitter (@_maxpou).
Do you have a question regarding one of my projects? a blog post? …or something else?
Don’t be shy. Let’s talk. I do my best to be as accessible as possible.
Here’s how you can contact me: